Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quality Leadership

First off, I apologize for the late post, that was not my intention and I hope it won't happen again.

What I found most interesting from the speech last week was how employees in leadership positions are encouraged to use positive reinforcement to compensate for the lack of financial incentives due to the economy. In a perfect world, this is something we would continue even if we were not in the financial position we are in now, but it seems as though if this were implemented successfully, morale in the workplace would actually be higher despite the potential for lower pay.
Another thought I had, which as I was reading through other entries seemed to be a common theme was how important admitting your mistakes really is. It amazes me how easy it is to blame someone else, but when we are working on trying to develop stronger leadership characters we need to always be aware of the responsibility for mistakes. Even if does not appear to be my fault, I may not have looked at the situation from all perspectives.
The only criticism I had for the speaker was that I would have liked to have heard at least one negative aspect of the president-elect. No one is perfect, and while I don't doubt her exceptional qualities, having some negative aspects would make her seem like a more realistic and relatable person. Still, I look forward to hopefully hearing the president-elect speak for herself soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment