Monday, February 15, 2010

To Blog or Not To Blog

In an effort to increase the transparency as to what is expected from you for this blog, here are some guidelines:

Why am I doing this?
This blog is intended to be a forum for reflection and should facilitate the development of ideas generated through your Blueprint experience. It's also a place for you to share your thoughts and feedback with others, perhaps letting you get to know others in the group more intimately.

What should I write about?
There is no right answer to this question, but the general idea is to write about something that interests you and either is a result of or relates to the Blueprint program. I suspect the 'easiest' thing to do will be to write a response relating to the week's speaker, perhaps discussing a specific point that you found informative or disagree with.

How often am I supposed to make a post?
We expect one post for every week there is a speaker.

How long should the post be?
Up to you, five sentences is the absolute minimum though. Ideally I would say 5-10 sentences would be sufficient. However, if you don't have much to say, you're not going to be penalized for writing under 10 sentences.

Are you grading this?
Absolutely not- this is not meant to assess each of you, rather it's intended to help you all internalize what you've learned. However, if we see you're not making posts or writing only a sentence per post, expect to hear from us.

What if I'm uncomfortable posting my thoughts for the group to see?
No problem, just write them down in a format you will be able to show to Carter or myself just so that we know you've been keeping up to date, and let us know that you have done so.

I still don't get it
Just send myself or Carter an email, and we'll help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment