Monday, March 1, 2010

Session 1 - Teresa A. Sullivan

The most enjoyable part about our first large group meeting was the biography that I received on Teresa A. Sullivan. I had no idea of her except for the fact that she is our president next year. Now that I am knowledgeable about who she is precisely, I am more than proud that she will be representing me and my fellow student body of the University of Virginia. She is an admirable woman. The qualities that the speaker revealed about Mrs. Sullivan impressed me. I like that she can be the "least threatening person alive" but still "gracefully aggressive" at the same time. She seems very personable and understanding, and I would love to see her on grounds and actually relay my concerns or thoughts to her.

The speaker's advice about how to become an effective leader resonates to this day. It motivates me to practice and reinforce my leadership skills throughout the days, even when I am not explicitly in a leadership position.

No comments:

Post a Comment